I started to write my family history with Scrivener & Scapple. Prior to this I tried using MS Word and found myself searching for my research documents and trying to get my the book into a organized format. With Scrivener & Scapple I now have my family history book organized and my research documents at my finger tips.
Scrivener has a huge learning curve. After a couple of days watching uTube videos and reading several on-line documents from users of Scrivener I am now writing for long periods of time and have started to produce a family history book. I am pleased with Scrivener and will continue to use it.
Useful links about Scrivener:
- Scrivener for Windows & Mac
- Scrivener for the Genealogist There are some great videos for Scrivener at this website.
- Scrivener is available at modest cost. Definitely worth the value in what it provides for writers.
- Scapple is an easy-to-use tool for getting ideas down as quickly as possible and making connections between your genealogy events.
- Use Goggle and search for books about Scrivener.
There is a trial version of Scrivener. Give it a try & tell me your thoughts.